Friday 18 January 2008

Catching up.

The weather here has been awful just lately, however it is a little brighter today, so I have taken a few pictures whilst the light is half decent.

First up



Another completed pair of socks. Although I must admit these did take me a little time. I cast on for them in September last year! I finished them on 7th January 2008. Not quite sure what went wrong and what took me so long to finish them.

The yarn is Claudias Hand Painted in "Sherbert" a lovely yarn. I used my generic toe up pattern and on the leg I used the scrolls pattern from More Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch. Worked, as always on 2 x 2.5mm circulars.

Here is a close up of the stitch detail on the leg.



And finally this:


Can you tell what it is yet? Why yes it is in fact an Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise Jacket. You have to knit up one of these little things even if you do not have a baby to knit for. The construction is quite simply mind blowing. What a fantastic brain that lady must of had. Hoping to get this finished over the weekend. I am thinking of using an i-cord bind off around the edges after a friend recommended it.

No comments: