Saturday 26 January 2008

UK Swap Questionnaire.

Part One: Crafting

Do you knit, crochet, or both?
Both, although I prefer to knit.

What do you like to make?
Socks mainly, the odd scarf and sweaters sometimes.

Do you have a favourite project?
Socks. Although 1 of my knitting resolutions this year is to try lace. And Fair Isle.

Do you have a favourite type of fiber or brand of yarn?
Anything from Socktopus or The Loopy Ewe will always be a winner. As is Noro.

Do you have a least favourite type of yarn?
Acrylic, anything manmade and any type of novelty or fun fur yarn. I am a purist.

Do you do any other crafts?
Art Journaling.

What knitting do you bring ‘on the go’?
Socks. Always socks. (Noticing a trend here?)

What do you carry your ‘on the go’ knitting in?
I love knitting bags and have several. I am currently using a Namaste Executive Bag. Most projects also go into a Go Knits pouch or a Piddleloop bag.

Do you want something new?
I could do with another Go Knit pouch or a Piddleloop bag (wonderful project bags!)

Are there any knitting gifts (book, toy, yarn, item, tool) that you have been lusting over?
Knit Picks Harmony Needles. And I have an unhealthy collection of stitch markers which I like to add to.


Part Two: Your Favourites

What is your favourite colour?
Green. And any other autumn shades.

What is your least favourite colour?
Blue!! Yuck!!

What scents/smells do you like?
Warm spicy scents, cinammon, and any natural essential oils especially Clary Sage and Vetivert.

What don’t you like?
Fruity smells or anything from The Body Shop.

How do you like to pamper yourself? (bubble bath, hand creams, massage, manicure)
A long bath with Lush products and a massage afterwards with one of their massage bars.

What goodies to you like to treat your tummy with? (chocolate, biscuits, truffles, etc.)
Milk or white chocolate, although not too much as it gives me migraine. Also like biscuits but not ginger.

Do you prefer tea or coffee while you knit?
Anything, I like both. I also like hot chocolate.

Any particular kind?
Always decaffeinated. Tea is usually Earl Gray.

Favourite mug/cup?
Anything with a kitty on it.

Do you listen to/watch anything while you knit? (TVshow-Along, movies, music, podcasts)
Mainly Podcasts - usually Lime & Violet or Cast On.


Part Three: Living & Past-times

Where do you live in the UK? (General idea not address)
The Midlands.

Have you always lived here, or did you grow up somewhere else?
Apart from University in Middlesborough I have always live around this area.

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Switzerland.

If you couldn’t go to a knitting group, what other kind of gathering would you go to? (book club, tea party, yoga class, jewelery class, etc.)
If I couldn't go to a knitting group I would be lost!! Maybe jewellery at a push - but please don't make me stop going to knitting.

What’s your style? (elegant, traditional, glamourous, girly, natural, sporty, outgoing, etc.)
Eclectic, depending on my mood and where I am going.


Final Part:

Any allergies/preferences (fiber-wise or treat-wise)?
I have an intolerance to caffeine. And not too much chocolate because of the headaches.

Anything we missed that you’d like your partner to know?
I hate the smell of cigarette smoke. And I love anything to do with cats.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I like you, very similar tastes to me! Going to enjoy shopping for you thats for sure!